Friday, October 21, 2011

Observation 10/20/11

 10/20/11


The first thing I noticed initially was the water itself. It had a slight green tent that was not present when we initially began the MicroAquarium. I thought it suggested that biological life had been promoted within the MicroAquarium, and I was VERY right.

Under the microscope, I noticed that there were hundreds of these thin hair-like strands that plastered the glass walls near the soil . Some moved around slightly, some stayed still, and they were all tangled and intertwined.. I could not get a great, zoomed in view of the strands; therefore I could not see any cell make up, but if I had to identify them I would say they are Cyanobacteria.

The number of floating transparent entities increased ten fold.

The main event of this MicroAquarium would have to be Jesse, my big arthropod. Jesse is an adult water flea. Massive this creature was, she straddled the limbs of the plants and would cypher particles into its jaws; I could see particles flowing into its mouth. It had massive a massive brown body, shaped like a tick, and 6 jointed limbs. I do believe she was pregnant because I later found 2 small water flea larva. These particular larva had hundreds of tiny legs; it reminded me of a centipede, and it moved in quick, popping bursts,

I am very eager to get pictures on here next week.  NO one would help me with the camera!!!

-carson

No comments:

Post a Comment